Progress Update: Godiva, Ganache, Butterscotch

My Chocolate Orchids.....

.....are both recovering beautifully! My two oncidium Sharry Baby's are growing in new roots and maturing growths so rapidly that I am just in awe! 


Look at all these brand new roots! It is just crazy how quickly Godiva has adapted to semi-hydro. I want to believe that she will be an established, happy plant before the end of the year, especially at this rate. There are roots all over the pot and most of them are growing right into the one inch reservoir of water at the bottom without any problems. She has three maturing growths and one nearly matured pseudobulb that may yet flower. She also has one brand new growth that is quickly growing in right now as well. She's been drinking her entire reservoir within a week! A great adaption in my book!



Now, compared to Godiva, my other Sharry Baby, Ganache, is not as productive. I purchased this orchid a little later and so she's hasn't had as much time to adapt but she is doing wonderfully. She came as a bigger, bushier plant that had a healthy root system and it really shows in her recovery.


This big beautiful plant has two maturing growths and five brand new growths that she's started since coming into my care. I definitely see roots making their way into the pot so I know she's doing great in that aspect but wow! Five new growths! Its going to be a spectacular show if she decides to bloom them all once they mature. I'm so excited!



And look who decided to show some small sign of recovery. Butterscotch, the broken half of my oncidesa Sweet Sugar, has a new growth! She had a new growth growing in long before this one along with her sister, and other half, Buttercup. But I wasn't careful enough during watering one week and the new growth rotted away, leaving me in tears since this is my first ever oncidium type orchid. She had lost all her roots and after losing her only new growth, I wasn't sure she was going to be able to recover but I kept her anyways. 


I tried using the Teabag Treatment on her to help jumpstart her growing stage but she hadn't shown any changes up until today when I noticed the new growth. Now if I can keep this little nubbin dry and healthy enough to start putting out roots, there's a good chance I can save this orchid. I would hate to lose her!