Progress Update: Firefly, Ember

Firefly is LIT

Wow! What an amazing recovery from my oncidium Firefly! She was in such bad shape when I first got her but since I treated her with the teabag treatment, she is growing in her roots so quickly. I just noticed this brand new root in the middle of the pot! This little lady is going to be just fine!




Ember Has Cooled

My poor Ember has not fared well the last couple of weeks since I burned her roots. She has since finally shown a little bit of root growth. I decided that I would just divide her since she's pretty bushy, into two separate specimens:

Cayenne


Cayenne has four large pseudobulbs. She has one maturing growth and one new growth that is putting out a couple new roots. I hope this section of the plant has enough energy to continue the root development but I have high hopes.


Paprika


The other section is a little larger. Paprika has five large pseudobulbs, though shriveled and dehydrated. She has one maturing growth and one new growth. While I was separating the roots of the two halves of the mother plant, I noticed this tiny little nubbin of a brand new bulb. I hope it continues its growth and Paprika recovers without any more setback.