Godiva's First Rebloom!

Seemingly Overnight

I swear I feel like this flower spike popped up overnight, out of nowhere! I had hopes that Godiva, my first oncidium Sharry Baby, would give me flowers within the year since she is doing the best by far. Her roots are filling up the pot and she has maturing growths all over the place. But I had not even dreamed that she would throw up a flower spike this soon, only four months after being repotted into semi-hydro (in december!)


I definitely attribute this to the heat mat that Godiva usually sits on. The warmth to the root system has given her that extra boost and she seems to be loving it. I'm curious to see if Ganache (Onc. Sharry Baby 'Velvet Maroon') will show the same amount of vigor and recovery that Godiva is showing. 

Ganache was repotted about week or two after Godiva and despite being a bigger, bushier plant, has shown a slightly slower amount of root growth. She is just starting to reach the reservoir with her new roots though I'm sure she will be filling up the pot quickly enough. I will be watching out for a flower spike now, too.