Progress Update: Sunshine, Sprinkles, Ember

Twinkle Time!

I received my oncidium Twinkles over a month ago now and they seem to be recovering quite nicely in their pots in the Klimt Collection. Both orchids are exhibiting growth right now and with any luck will be blooming by next year!

My Ray of Sunshine


Sunshine is my yellow Twinkle and she is chugging along just fine. In fact, she put out a little new growth over the last week without my noticing it until today's flushing. She came with two tiny new growths that continued to grow just fine despite the repotting, which makes me think it was a huge upgrade over the bark medium they came in. Now I have a third new growth coming in pretty quickly and she seems to be very happy. 


Sprinkles Galore


Now this is the Twinkle I was worried about when I recieved her. Sprinkles came with three plump pseudobulbs that haven't wrinkled or shown signs of stress but wasn't necessarily doing anything either. She just kind of sat in her pot for the last month but then suddenly, she got over it and started putting out two little nubbins! They are swelling pretty fast and since she didn't stress from the repot, I think those bulbs will flower once they mature. I might have a display of fragrant blooms before the end of the year!



Flickering Ember


Finally! Ember has at last shown a sign of improvement! In the last two months I've had her, she has done nothing but sulk and wrinkle those pseudobulbs down to withered looking chunks. I was worried that she would not do anything but I kept flushing her pot diligently. But she seems to finally be recovering from the repot and has sent out a multitude of new roots. The maturing growths the original plant came with have starts putting out these bright new green root tips and with any luck she will keep recovering at a steady pace. Maybe securing her bulbs together so she was more anchored helped? I need to do more testing.