Progress Update: Sprinkles, Eris, Godiva, Ganache

Welcome To Spring

So the showers of spring have finally hit us here in southern California and I'm delighted! It was a dry winter, which doesn't help our drought situation, but rain has arrived and my plants are loving it. The temperatures are relatively warm for the wet weather which has been a blessing. My orchids are growing in nubbins galore:

Sprinkles, which just got an update a few days ago, had to be updated again because look what decided to grow in- another nubbin! This orchid has adapted to semi-hydro without a single issue and has flourished since she now has three brand new growths total. This plant had no new growths at all when I got her a couple months ago! I'm so excited!


 I wanted to strangle myself when I was repotting Eris, my beloved Iwanagara Appleblossom. I tried so hard to be careful but I grabbed her wrong during a final rinse of her old medium and knocked her brand new nubbin off completely. I was kicking myself for days! Lucky for me she seems like  hardy little lady because another nubbin is swelling up and showing signs of growth. I am so relieved to know I haven't set her back too much but I do wonder if she would have had two new growths instead of one this year if it wasn't for my interference. Alas, I'll never know. I'm going to treat her like a glass queen until she gets established.


Ganache has three new growths she started growing after coming into my care! She is starting to accelerate in growth and her maturing growths are doing very well. She already had four maturing growths that were on the larger side and now has three new small ones growing in. It's going to be an amazingly fragrant show if those bulbs spike when they mature!


My sweet Godiva is really taking off! There are roots all over inside the pot and a lot of them have already reached the reservoir which is amazing because I've only had this orchid for about four months! She has really been growing in and making herself comfortable. She's even got a brand new nubbin coming in here beside a maturing growth. She's got about five growths maturing at different stages which hopefully means I'll be getting a long lasting display later this year. Fingers crossed!