Progress Update: Sweet Sugar Twins

I was not being careful enough.....

.....when I repotted the Sweet Sugar twins, Butterscotch and Buttercup, after doing a root checkup and cleaning. I noticed that the roots in the pot were all molding and the pot itself was a bit big so I decided to repot. Both had their new growths coming in without any issues and it seemed like a good time before the roots starting growing in.

Buttercup came out of the repot without any issue. Her new growth is coming in strong like it was before.

Butterscotch has not fared as well as her sister plant. I must have gotten water in the newly forming growth which got trapped and rotted it from the inside out. I can't believe it made such a rookie mistake! But I've been a bit sick with the flu lately so I didn't really want to bother with that extra step when I wasn't feeling well. Now look what's happened. That growth is probably a goner and unless she can build up the strength to save that one or put out a new one, this division may not make it. Well, lesson learned I guess.