Progress Update: Freckles, Maihime, Sunspot, Eris

Nubbins are everywhere!

I am loving it cause I am watching these guys develop for the first time. My oncidiums are for the most part bouncing back so I wanted to do a brief update on my newer orchids. I have seen a lot of promising growth in the two weeks, some of which is very exciting!

Freckle.....

.....has dried the flower stem she'd been growing when I bought her which was expected. What I'm happy to note is the growth that was still rather small before the purchase has grown quite a bit in a small amount of time. I'm excited to see if this growth will bloom come summer.




Maihime.....


.....has seemed to really start putting out growth if this picture is any indication. The two eyes on the this cane has started to swell up in the last few days and the one on the left has really started to grow. There is actually another swelling eye just below that left one that can't be seen in this picture. I'm not sure if its a root or an eye showing some activity but I'm excited at the prospect of three potential new growths on this little gem.




Sunspot.....

.....who was repotted just a little over a week ago has shown a explosion of activity! This eye as seen in the picture has been swelling up and showing signs of growth. There are roots coming in all over the newest growth and on various parts of the plant. I have a good feeling this plant will be just fine as long as those roots keep growing in.



Eris.....

.....has finally shown a tiny little sign of hope here. I can't be positive because the little nubbin is just starting to grow, but I believe this eye is growing in! She's a healthy, average sized cattleya and I haven't repotted her yet since she's shown no signs of doing anything. But now that she's warm and under my grow lights, I believe she's ready to make a move. Hopefully if all goes well, I'll have her repotted within the month and I will have this stunning orchid well on the road to recovery.