Newport Harbor Orchid Expo 2018

FINALLY! My first orchid show!!!

I've been anticipating this show for what seems like a lifetime and finally, the day has arrived! I took my best friend with me in hopes of getting her a few plants of her own and we started early on the first day. The Newport Harbor Orchid Expo was absolutely beautiful and all the orchids shown both in sales and in the featured display gallery were just breathtaking. 


So many vendors! So many orchids!


The place was absolutely swarming with people! One of the vendors was actually complaining that he didn't have time to set up all his plants on the booth because people (like us) were constantly coming in and buying up them up. It was too cute! There were so many vendors and all sorts of different orchids which was so much fun to see. They took up the center circle of the whole 2nd floor of Westminster Mall! We did two circuits of the floor before heading over to the displayed orchids which had finally come out of judging. 

 A beautiful display of orchids! The room smelled amazing, my friend was in love.

Some gorgeous zygopetalums. I really loved the one on the left. 

A variety of paphiopedilums, which was just breathtaking!

I had such a great time at the show and I feel like this will be an annual trip for me. It was just a feast of the eyes and I got a great haul of orchids for my collection. I'm so excited to see how these guys will do because I got such an amazing variety of plants from the show. I really had to restrain myself from buying orchids just cause it was a sale and cheaply priced. I'm trying to make each plant I pick special in some way. Though not all of them checked all the criteria for being added to my collection, I picked each orchid for a reason.