Progress Update: Godiva, Sweet Sugar Twins, Ember

 All of my oncidiums are doing well at last!

After waiting oh so patiently these last six weeks, I can finally say that my oncidiums are all on their way to recovery and will be doing well, emergencies withstanding. My brand new Twinkles don't count because they were just repotted today so it will take some time with them. But all my other oncidium types are showing growth, including Ember! Let's take a look at my multitude of adorable nubbins!

Growing Growing Growing!



Godiva's little nubbins have been growing in steadily which is so exciting! The little tiny leaves are just so cute! Her roots have been going crazy and she's really starting to get into her growth. I can see dozens of brand new roots all over the top of the pot. She is well on the way to establishing herself. 


The Sweet Sugar Twins.....


 Butterscotch is growing in the nubbin slowly but steadily. The twins are not on the heat mat, and when compared to the orchids that are on the heat mat, it is pretty obvious which of the plants are doing better. The new growths on my Sharry Baby, Godiva, are growing in much faster than these two. I have found the heat mat to be beneficial in growth so far, but further testing needs to be done!
Buttercup, who was the worse off between the two, has also been very slowly growing in her nubbin. Her bulbs are all still very shriveled but the fact that this little new growth is coming in is very promising for her. I'm pretty sure at this point that both my Oncidium Sweet Sugars will be okay but I can't be positive until I see some new roots! Come on new roots!


Hallelujah there's a ray of hope.....

.....for Ember, who has been shriveling so terribly since I bought her a month ago. While all my oncidiums did get dehydrated and shriveled by varying amounts, Ember fared the worst out of all of them. She dropped so many of her leaves, almost a dozen I think which was alarming, to say the least. She was purchased much later than the other two but has definitely fared the worst.  But at last, a sign of recovery:


A tiny little nubbin, brand spanking new, popped up out of nowhere! It's so exciting to see her finally starting to show me some tiny little sign that finally, we are over the hill here. I'll be eagerly waiting for her to unshrivel those poor, wrinkled bulbs, they just look so sad. I haven't seen any sort of mold or rotting roots which hopefully means that they will adapt and she won't have to regrow a new set. I'm curious to know if her worse reaction was because she's an intergeneric as opposed to a true oncidium type. Well, I will eagerly await and see!