Progress Update: Tolumnias

Semi-Hydro: 2 Months Later

It has been just over two months now since I received and repotted my tolumnias. They were in various stages of growth and got quite damaged during the shipping process since they are so tiny. I had one tolumnia before the ebay order where I got the rest of these miniature orchids. I wanted to do an update on their adaption so far. I've had to cut a few leaves here and there that were showing signs of infection from the shipping damage. Other than that they all seem to do be alright as a whole, and all are showing some signs of growth. 

Majic
Jairak Flyer 'Majic'

Majic started off as one of my healthier plants so has continued to do well so far. She has been putting out a new growth and some leaves. Her roots from what I can see from the top of the pot are looking good.


Bazooka
Noid 'Pink'

Bazooka is my first tolumnia orchid and all I was told was that she would be pink. I got her back in February with a small new growth which can be seen here maturing nicely into a large fan. She is drinking her reservoir down much more quickly than I thought a tolumnia would but since she's looking healthy and happy, I won't deny her. 


Snow White
Jairak Firm 'Snow White'

Snow White, while a little smaller than the other tolumnias, is doing really well and has put out a fat new growth as seen to the right. Some of her older leaves were damaged so I had to cut them but she is otherwise doing great. Her root tips seem to be green and growing so I think she's happy so far.


Corona
Jairak Flyer 'Corona'

Corona was another orchid that was pretty banged up during transport, Her leaves were super dehydrated and she lost a fan but she started putting out this tiny new growth which is very promising. I hope with some care she will recover and grow bushy over time. 


Dalmation
Jairak Firm 'Dalmation'

Dalmation came looking great and has only kept growing. She hasn't put out any new fans yet but has grown some new leaves from the fans she came with. She is a bushy plant overall and seems to be doing well to the adaption. She does have one spot where a leaf got damaged and seems to be dying off. I have sprayed the are with some hydrogen peroxide so hopefully there won't be any spreading infection.


Sunset
Jairak Flyer 'Sunset'

Sunset suffered the most during transport and I can't tell if she was a healthy plant to begin with. Her leaves were pinched and bruised pretty badly and her roots didn't really look much better. But after a little time, here she is with this new brand new little growth! I'm hopeful she will recover as that new fan matures and with some TLC this orchid should be just fine.


Glitter
Jairak Rainbow 'Red Sun'

Glitter is another bushy and happy orchid and has done really well to the adaption so far! She is maturing a fan from an existing growth and her leaves look healthy and happy. One leaf got damaged and I had to snip it but she is otherwise doing great.